Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Sierra Madre

A few weekends ago my husband, son and I were cruising around and ended up in a beautiful city called Sierra Madre(in So. Cal).  We stopped at a coffee shop then decided to just drive around and see what we could find.


We came across many beautiful buildings, the first of which I neglected to photograph(oh darn, just have to go back;) ), but when I saw these balconies, and the black against yellow, I had to take a few pictures.                                                                  


Then we drove a bit more and I saw this amazing spot, so I made my husband turn around and pull over.  I'm not sure if they're apartments or condos, but they are absolutely gorgeous!


They remind me of something you might find in Europe.   Look at the detail.  I love the driveway!  I'm a sucker for a great pattern!


And great shadows from the tile roof!




Look how pretty the entries are.  It made me want to knock on a door and invite myself in for some tea, and talk about how much we love living here in Italy....oh I mean.....well....a girl can dream, can't she?
sigh....

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Gorgeous photos.

Trudy Callan
Host of The Artistic Mother Art Group
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Wow, these pictures are so beautiful! I want to go too! Kristin xo