Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Serene Wishes Painting



I hope you guys don't mind me sharing some older work, but I just rediscovered this piece, and I wanted to share it with you.  I want to do a bigger version of this one day (this is only 5x5), not exactly the same, but using similar techniques and colors. This one was an experiment from a few years back, and I love how it turned out.  The colors seem to give it a nice serene feel.  


I used a great flower stamp by Stampendous that reminds me of dandelions, and used copper embossing powder to give the stamped image a bit of a raised texture. I added a piece of soft aqua paper-tape that has holes in it , cheesecloth, twine, and a bit of copper wire (see above). 



Then I added white paint here and there and used a jar lid to stamp circles to draw more focus to the flower image.  To finish it, I painted a coat of beeswax over all of it to give it a nice soft glow.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

don't mind at all...its lovely!!!xxx

Carin said...

Love this piece! Love how it's all wrapped up in string. Most of the good stuff come wrapped up in string :)

Shelby and Bev said...

this is very nice...was it hard to use the beeswax? i have been kind of curious about that...

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

An amazing piece, I love all the fantastic textures and the wrapped string. Very beautiful ! Enjoy your holiday !

Rita A. said...

I found you through the Blog Hop. I'm so glad. And I'm happy your refound this piece. It is beautiful. I peeked at some of your other pieces and look forward to exploring more of your blog.
Rita A.