Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Friday, December 3, 2010

"Gateway" Texture Painting


"Gateway" was done on a 9"x12" canvas board for Lesson 6 of the "Texture Town" class that I'm taking.  I'm having SO much fun with these techniques.  This lesson was about writing or drawing into the texture, and of course I couldn't keep it simple...I did both! : )


This was made using all Golden products ; Heavy Gel Medium, Fluid Acrylics, and Acrylic Glazing Liquid (gloss).













Mmm....love that texture.  I'm sooo addicted! 

 I'm already working on the next lesson which is actually 2 paintings, and I think it's my favorite lesson so far.  I'll be sure to share it with you once it's done.

5 comments:

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

I am so glad you are going slow with the class ;-) I started like a maniac but am slowing down too now, it will be a while before I am ready to take my exams LOL Love this painting, but I already told you in class :-) Have a wonderful day !

Diane said...

I love all of your pieces from this class--this class may be in my future :)

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful, creative work!

Kristin said...

TG!!! It's FAB - love the colors too and looking forward to seeing the next one . . . xoxo

Jema said...

I really like this effect, because of you I signed up! What size canvas are you working on for the class?