First I just want to share a little collaged card I made for a loved one. To make it, I layered scrapbook papers for the background, then tore papers into flower, leaf, and stem shapes and glued them all down. Then I added a light cream paint to soften the colors a bit, and once dry I outlined everything with a water-soluble crayon (make sure to spray it with a sealer).
Next, I won an award!!! Yay!!
It was given to me by the wonderful, super talented, and fun Sada over at Dressology HQ (who just happens to be my aunt who seriously rocks at everything she does!). Go check out her fashion blog, it's so much fun and there's lots of eye candy (who doesn't love pretty dresses ladies?!).
OK, so I have to share some lil' tidbits about myself. Hmm....
- I actually won an award (different one) at the end of September from the lovely and talented Kristin at Twinkle Twinkle but I never posted it because 1. I couldn't decide who to pass it on to 2. I seriously couldn't think of anything interesting to share about myself, and 3. I ended up forgetting about it after a while! Sad, I know... Sorry Kristin!
- I LOVE to travel and have been to: Austria - Salzburg & Vienna. Australia - all over 3x. France - Paris 2x & Giverny. Germany - Munich. Italy- Florence 2x, Rome, Venice 2x, Pisa, & Cinque Terra. Spain -Barcelona 2x, Madrid, Toledo, Grenada, Cordoba, & Sevilla. Switzerland - Interlaken. I've also been to Arizona, Oregon, Mexico, Nevada...and probably a few more that I've forgotten about.
- If someone would've told me, when I was younger, that I would be married to an English teacher, I probably would've fallen on the floor in hysterical laughter (a common occurrence back then even past my teens, much to the dismay of my mom) ... seriously.
- This one's for you Kristin... my English-Teaching husband is 5 years younger than me.
- Pretend there's something interesting written here. oooh! wow!!
- Even though I painted faux finishes and murals for my business, there's sadly none of that going on in our house except for ONE room, our bedroom. In there I glazed the walls and stenciled the ceiling (ouch!). I also painted all trim and doors to look like mahogany wood.
- I've been wanting to share a few photos of our beautiful bedroom with you. But that would mean I'd have to dust. Nope.
So now I have to pass on the award to a few deserving people.
First one goes to miss Manya over at Manya K Photography. She takes the most beautiful photos and her blog showcases her specialty which is portraits in beautiful environments. Go check it out. Oh yeah, and she's one of my closest friends : ) Hi Nya!
The next one goes to Michele of Pipi La La. I love visiting her blog. Not only is she real, and HILARIOUS, but the girl is a wonderful artist. I am the happy owner of several of her paintings. LOVE them!
OK, that's all I've got. I've been TRYING to narrow my list down to share others, but I'm going to cut it off there. I started this post days ago and I'm afraid if I don't post it now it'll never get done.