Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday : Horse Babble, or is it Babbling Horse?



Hi there.  Welcome to Shadow Shot Sunday.  
These were taken from our yard, peeking over our neighbors wall... shhh.... 



I think it's pretty darn cool to have horses just right next door to us.  Except on the nights when one is feeling rowdy and kicks the METAL feed bin over and over.  And over.  And over.

Then it's not so cool. 

 But most of the time it's cool.  Like this time, when the horse was posing for his shadow shots.  He's pretty vain actually.  Or maybe it's a she.  I haven't checked.  Then I would call her a diva.


Anywho... enough of the nonsense.  You're probably thinkin I got kicked in the head by the horse.

 Nope. 

 Just me babbling... this is how my brain works.  I've been sparing you guys for a while now, but... well... that's boring.  Welcome to my bizarre sense of humor.  Please don't be scared.  

Is sniffing a horse like sniffing glue?  Is that what's happening here?  They make glue from them right? Yipes! From the hooves I mean? Do they still do that?!  Sounds mean.  But it seems like that's the effect that's happening here.  hmmm...  Something to ponder. 

 Hey, where'd you all go?



















I'd like to blame all this on the horse above.  He typed this.  I was just an innocent bystander. 

To pretend the above didn't happen and go find some normal shadow shots click here to go to Hey Harriet for SSS.


16 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a fun, bubbly post! Gorgeous horse!

Anonymous said...

Cool shots! Although I think you are a little nutty..... Maybe it's all the horse hair? We used to own horses and they can have an effect... ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh! I also meant to say a big thank you for the lovely comment on my blog too! :-D

kat said...

Hahaha..you're so funny. I enjoyed reading your post. Nice entry for SSS eh! Hope you can visit mine.

Mandy said...

esther...so funny...and i must say..i do think its pretty cool to live right next door to a horse...except for the noise...no different to a yappy dog tho...and much nicer to look at too...great shots...xxx

Peggy Parker said...

If I had a horse next door, you might find me with her more often than in my studio! Love this post!

Antonella said...

Hey, I believe you - the horse did it - lol. Great pictures - you have inspired me to post a SSS again! I have to keep doing this :-)

Hugs, antonella :-)

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

I don't know ... could it be that that horse is the famous Mr. Ed ?? I have the feeling you are having wonderful conversations with him/her LOL I have to be honest, I like horses best when they are glue ... Sorry horselovers !! No, from a distance they are oke ;-)For my horse adventures, check my blogpost called 'Paarden' from April 25th, and it will all be clear to you. Loved your blogpost !

Unknown said...

Such horsing around with words!!!! Great post!

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwwwwwww, picture me, petting the soft nuzzle!! Beautiful creature...so beautiful.

Ribbit...hope you can join me sometime today! Happy week.

JessiVille said...

Hi E! I am a nutty horse lover so I enjoy a nutty post! The glue comment is rough for me but it is all in fun - I've heard it was made from the hooves, so I guess you would have to be a hoof sniffer? Anyhow... great shot. Hugs, Jessi xox

Anonymous said...

Great story! I don't want to think of the glue though.
You have a great view over the wall!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

You are too much! Is that why we like you?!! We've heard that birds of a feather thing a time or two - ha!! Love the horse & it's shadows - enjoy your week Esther!!

Sada said...

HA HA HA HA.....LOVE LOVE LOVE the last shot. Absolutely perfect. Ps. no more glue comments please. : O
xo
Sada
http://dressologyhq.blogspot.com

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love horses, too!
Great photos! Especially the last one.

So glad I found you through the “All Kinds of Artists” Artist blog hop!

I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

Anonymous said...

Hi E! You are a funny chicky, you know that?!
Glad to see you're keeping well!

Ciao Bella!


CREATIVE CARMELINA