Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday and WIP


Hello again!  Another week has flown by so quickly!  
I love the movement in these photos created by the iron pergola and it's shadow.  And the textures (you know I love texture!) of the brick wall and flowers contrasted by the smooth, cool flower pots.





Isn't it pretty?  
We walked right past it and I slowed down and turned to my husband and he knowingly said "It's a great day for shadow shots"!  So I grabbed the keys and ran to the car and grabbed the camera to take these.  This is why I have so many darn pictures of Pasadena... because they seem to have loveliness like this around every corner!

To join in with your own shadow shots, hop on over to Hey Harriet.


I'm so sorry that I haven't been posting that often.  I have multiple projects going on right now.  Of course I'll share them with you as I finish them... or maybe even some in progress shots along the way.  Yeah.  Good idea.

 Here's a work in progress that I was working on last night.  It's a large 36"x24".  I had done several textured layers on it months ago, but put it aside to work on other projects.  I got inspired to bring it back out last night (and ignore all the other unfinished projects around it!)  I think it's calling for some gold leaf.  Yeah... it is. 

 I'll be back in the next few days to share more of the happenings around here.  See you then!

Oh, and there's still time to enter my giveaway!!  Go here to enter.

13 comments:

Rossylalah said...

Lovely shot Esther! You're absolutely right about the bricks and then with the sharp straight lines of the iron pergola....mmmm I can feel an inspiration coming on. Good to see you have your husband trained well as a shadow spotter.

Steph said...

Thanks you for stopping by, Esther...like you I love photography and mixed media art. I love your art and I'm glad we connected..cheers..steph

Beverley Baird said...

Gorgeous shadows and that texture is simply beautiful! Great shots!
Can't wait to see what you do with your art piece.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Really nice shadow patterns!

Shadow shots, have a great week ahead.

Hey Harriet said...

Lovely! I bet that's a great spot to sit and enjoy a morning coffee! I'll have to pop over to your giveaway post. I've been so out of the loop lately! Have a great week :)

Sada said...

Oh beautiful Pasadena...great photo. Love the work-in-progress too. The colours are awesome and right up my alley. Hmmmm....how hard is it to send something THAT size overseas???
xo
Sada
http://dressologyhq.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Beautiful!! Love the WIP--I've never worked on a surface that large--I can't wait to see it finished--I need to get inspired to work on a large piece.

Kelly said...

I love that your hubby knows you so well, and knows what you love! Great shadow shots Esther.
I love your work in progress too!
Beautiful.
Hugs
Kelly

Limarea said...

Beautiful shadows and a fantasic piece of art! :)

Anonymous said...

Pasadena is where that TV show Brothers and Sisters is set right? That looks like a rather lovely place! Cool shots!

Carin said...

Beautiful shadows! Can't wait to see where that WIP takes you. It looks like a great start anyway. Lovely colours.

Shelby and Bev said...

stopping by to say hello...very nice shots!
xo

Antonella said...

See, you've done it again!! You have this way of inspiring me to join these challenges and now I may have to try another... Well, if I can't keep up, then at least I'll live vicariously through you - lol!!!
Hugs, antonella :-)