Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Be Daring Journal Pages

...and now for something a bit different than you usually see from me.  What?  Is there actually a person...err...bird....err... woman who's very fond of birds, in some art of mine?  You betcha.



I started this art journal spread several years ago, but it never felt finished, so I doodled on it a bit more.  Still not done.  I added the words "Be daring.  Be unique.  Just be you".









It still wasn't quite done.
Finally I gave in to the idea that was wanting to be manifest every time I'd look at her... she wanted a feathered collar so very badly but I kept ignoring her thinking ... yeah right... but finally after hearing her plea with me over the past few years (!!) I gave in. 


 And she was right.  It was just what she needed to complete her statement.



I admire her style... her confidence... her passion.
Her bird



She's definitely daring and unique.
She's not afraid of being herself.  Not afraid of what others might think.




I want to be just like her when I grow up ;-)



13 comments:

Jester said...

Such wonderful and striking pages - magnificent!

Mandy said...

oh yes...not give a rats what others think...mmm...maybe my next life...lol...have s good one e...xxx

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Oh yes, she definitely wanted that feather collar! It suits her. Great pages! I love this spread and your strong words!

Lesley Edmonds said...

I want to be like her too - she's gorgeous. I love all the details you have added and your words fit her perfectly.

Diane said...

I admire her--she's very cool!

Anonymous said...

And me! I want5 to be like her when I grow up too! She is so cool!

Anonymous said...

I like her extravagance, she reminds me of the masks at the Venice carnival... And yes, sometimes daring takes time! Thanks for your comment by the way ;)
Laly

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Fabulous work! Again. Loving that feather collar. But more than that, the colours in this one really moved me. Thank-you for sharing.

Andrea

Lisa Graham said...

Esther! this is fantastic! A sort of Phantom of the Opera in Tribal dress...so unique and powerful and strong.

Kristin said...

WOW! I REALLY love this page SO much! The color is my favorite part, but I love the eyes, the white pen details, the real feather on the bird / head dress . . . . and the meaning behind it. It's totally worth the wait! xoxo

Kristin said...

I meant to also thank you for my sweet comment - yes, I am journaling right now and it is very raw - and authentic in a way I never really have done (or knew to do) before. Thank you for your sweet attention and compliment! xoxo

Sada said...

Amazing. Positively love this. Although not the reason I am here. I am writing to say I am the VERY PROUD new owner of your painting, "Be Still." I received my BEAUTIFUL Painting today in the mail and could not be happier! Thank you so much Esther! It is amazing and I appreciate your mailing it so fast (internationally no less!). It's just a stunning piece of work and it's my absolute privilege to be its new owner. LOVE your work! Thank you, THANK YOU, THAANNNKKK YYYOOUUU!!
xo
Sada Vee

Jenny said...

Oh Esther, your journal spread is gorgeous... I love the doodling around her eyes... and the feather collar is beautiful... Happy Easter...

Hugs
Jenny x