Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Mixed Media Lotus Minis




Ok, back to showing you more from the 30 Paintings in 30 Days I did last year. This piece above, "Content" is number SIX. I had actually worked on another piece that night for hours but it was not cooperating. Or I wasn't. Either way I wanted to toss it to the coyotes. I gave up and cleaned up because it was late, and I was tired. I was bummed that I didn't finish one. As I was cleaning up I saw my little 4"x4" canvases. I grabbed one and went for it. I returned to a favorite subject and colors and the next thing I know this lil' happy piece was done! Yay! I felt so much better!



This next one, "Transparent",  is number SEVEN. I was trying out different colors than I normally use and a different style. I like how it turned out!













"Absorb" is number EIGHT. Absorb and learn what you need to from this beautiful life so you can nurture yourself and those who surround you.

These were all done in a similar way. I started by glueing down antique French book pages then painting and drawing over them. On this last one above I also glued down blue hand-painted paper and a strip of natural fiber. 


Ok, you know what... even though it's not part of the 30in30, I'm going to add one more mixed media lotus to this post because it was done around the same time and has a similar feel.
This is "Silent Beauty", because often silence can be a beautiful thing. 


Ok, that's enough for now. These are all done on small 4" x 4" x 1.5" gallery-wrapped canvases and are all available for purchase.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a creative day!
xoE

4 comments:

http://essay-writer.club/ said...

I like your lotuses. Especially that blue one. Looks very beautiful.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love what you have created. Thanks for sharing it.

E Makes Art said...

Thank you so much @essay-writer club! I really appreciate it! The blue one is one of my favorites :-)

xoE

E Makes Art said...

Hi Ophelia!! Thank you kindly!! I hope you have a wonderful new year! :-)

xoE