Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Artistic Mother

I bought this wonderful book "The Artistic Mother" by Shona Cole recently,  and I love it.  It is a huge reminder of why it's important to make time for your art while you're raising your children.   She  shows you how to make projects that  are inspired by and celebrate your family.

I've just joined an on-line group "The Artistic Mothers Group", that was started recently by Trudy Callan on her blog.  We are going through the 12-week program from the book together, although we thankfully are taking 2 weeks per project, instead of one.  I'm a bit behind since I'm just starting, but will do my best to catch up.

This book and group are the reasons why I finally started my blog.  I wanted to join the group and needed a blog to participate, so here I am.  Yay!

I will post my first project, hand-painted papers, in the next day or two.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

So glad you have joined us. I look forward to seeing your papers.