Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Monday, May 16, 2011

What I'm Up To...

Hey there.  Just wanted to share a few things with you. 

 First, starting today I'm taking this online course Mondo Beyondo.  I'm so excited and unsure what to expect, but I've heard amazing things about it, so I decided it's time for me to take that next step and take the class.  It's about discovering your dreams and equipping yourself with the tools to go after them!  Sounds great, right?  They are having a 2 for 1 deal, so I got a friend to take it with me.  Are you ready, Manya, to dream big together?!  Yay!!  
If you want to learn more about the class click on the photo below.

Mondo Beyondo Dream Big



Then this Thursday.... aahhh!!!!!  ehhem.... composing myself now .... this Thursday... just a few days away (yipee!) I'm taking a class from the one and only Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch who is an amazing encaustic (wax) artist.  She wrote one of my favorite art books, "Encaustic Workshop", and she's teaching at the Create Mixed Media Retreat in Costa Mesa this week.  The class I'm taking is called "Plastered in Wax".  We will learn how to use plaster as a base for encaustic work!  Woohoo!!  I'm so excited!  If any of you are local I think there's still room in the class and there's SO many other amazing classes by other amazing artist's too...jewelry, bookbinding, everything!  Wish I could take more.




And last but NOT least my friend Kristin over at Twinkle Twinkle will be hosting a wonderful free blog event called "The Summer of Color".  To quote Kristin "Think of it as a blog block party centered around the beautiful, bold and luscious colors of the rainbow. It's the stuff we arty people dream of." 
 Oooh yes!!  I can't wait!  It starts June 6th.  
For all the info click on the banner below.



So that's all for now.  Just wanted to share what I'll be up to.  Maybe I'll see you at one of these places?  Yes?
Oh, and I should finally be posting more art soon, it's been too long.  xoE

Sorry I keep re-posting this... I keep forgetting things!  Ooops!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, YEAH! Thank you so much for helping me spread the word - and I am so happy to have you join in! It is generating a lot of interest and I'm hoping that it will be a great event because of it. Thanks again for your help ;) AND how wonderful you are going to take that class! I have met her and she is so sweet. And that class is going to smell so good . . . have so much fun and let us know how it turns out, xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going to be very busy having a lot of fun!

I am very curious about the Mondo Beyondo course!

Single Stone Studios said...

ooooh I can't wait to see what you make at the Plastered in Wax class!! It just seems so perfect for you. Have FUN!!

Laura said...

I am so excited for you! I just got started working in encaustic myself and I am hooked. I can't wait to see what you create. I'm a new follower and I am so happy I found you!

Shelby and Bev said...

hi esther! sounds like you have a busy artists schedule! i really am curious about mondo beyondo, you will have to fill me in...
love and hugs...

Sada said...

Mondo Beyondo....the name is Beyondo Cool-eo. Keep me posted. Did you find this thru the webinar thingee?

ps. I totally wanna do The Summer of Color--I wonder if picking dresses in the color prompt counts???

xo
Sada
dressologyhq.blogspot.com

Manya Keseloff said...

Yes, I'm ready! Excited! I already want to talk to you about stuff.

Kristin said...

Liar, liar, pants on fire! You're gonna make a mess - you know it!! I will be smelling it in my mind (I suppose this sounds really weird if anyone is reading this out of context ;) and wish you SO MUCH FUN!!!! Let's take one together sometime - Can't wait to see your results!!! xoxoxo

Jen said...

Wow! You really have an AMAZING line up of fun opportunities ahead. Enjoy!!

Jo-Ann Dziubek-MacDonald said...

Wow! Sounds amazing! I'll definitely be watching your blog to see how things are going!