Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday : Columns



Hello there.  It's time once again for Shadow Shot Sunday.
Boy it sneaks up fast.

I took this photo a couple of weeks back at Fashion Island in Newport Beach. I love it there, it's such a nice place to wander around aimlessly.
  
Well... not completely aimless... 

we did HAVE to make sure we went to Anthropologie.  If I could only move in ... at least to one of their catalogs... sigh....

I went there with my friend Manya on a gorgeous day and took a few shadow shots to have on hand for cloudy days like today.  I loved the way the shadows from the pergola were creating stripes on the columns.  
Oh, and I think I have a fascination with columns, but I won't bore you with that ; )

To join in with your own shadows visit Hey Harriet.

12 comments:

Manya Keseloff said...

Looks good! That was a good day :) xoxo, Nya

Unknown said...

Nice shadows, love the ivy climbing up the columns.

Rossylalah said...

I've heard about this Anthropologie
store. It looks amazing! I don't think we have anything like it here in Australia. Love your Mother's Day shots too.

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmmmm, love this!!! So artistically done.

Mission Bells in Shadow

Have a great week.

Spadoman said...

Great shots! The 'stripes' make these planted columns look like green candy canes. Nice capture. Haven't been to Newport for a while. Looks like I need to stop and do more than a drive through down PCH.
Just noticed that 'Still Life Me' on your side bar. Cher, is that you? (You've always been one of my favorites, along with Gracie Slick).
Thanks for the showcase. Have a great day!

Peace

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

Shadows at my page, have a blessed Sunday!

Diane said...

Great shot as always!

Beverley Baird said...

Love the angle of the shot and thos fabulous columns! Great shadows for the day!

Kristin said...

Well, there's nothing about this day I would not have loved!! Anthropology and Fashion Island! Dreamy . . . beautiful shot too - as always ;) xo

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

We're right there with you...Anthropology would be the most wonderful place to live...wouldn't it?!! Love your columns...we too have a thing for those as well!! Have a great day Esther!
Karla & Karrie

Anonymous said...

I, too, really like the shadow stripes - nice shot!

I wasn't able to play SSS this week (cloudy + busy day) but had to come see yours so I didn't feel deprived :)

Sada said...

Ohhhh columns....Ohhhhh Anthropologie.....OOOOHHHH Fashion Island.

How's a girl to choose? Beautiful shots, as per usual.
xo
Sada
dressologyhq.blogspot.com