So Tuesday I went to take some photos of this little piece, thinking it was done, but when I looked at it,
it just didn't seem finished. I already kind of knew this, but hoped it would magically appear finished the next time I looked at it...without actually doing any more work on it. Talk about the piece being aptly titled "Wish"...well, no... I should add one more word so it would be "You Wish"!
It's done on a little block of wood that I painted, stamped, and collaged with a few bits of torn paper. I then drew the dandelion with water-color crayons, and wet some areas to smear it and make it run a little. It needed a bit more pizazz so I painted a little crocheted flower and nailed it on with a copper tack. I wire-wrapped a few beads on copper wire to nail towards the bottom.
So that is where it stood when I hoped it was done.
It wasn't done.
I painted three more crocheted flowers and nailed them to the top.
There. That's what it needed.
Now it's done and I can get back to my unfinished projects for the fabulous Texture Town class I'm taking.
Can't wait to show you what else I've learned in the class so far, but that means I actually have to finish them first! Hmm...an artist's work is never done...YAY!