Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mixed Media : Wish


So Tuesday I went to take some photos of this little piece, thinking it was done, but when I looked at it, 
it just didn't seem finished.  I already kind of knew this, but hoped it would magically appear finished the next time I looked at it...without actually doing any more work on it.  Talk about the piece being aptly titled "Wish"...well, no... I should add one more word so it would be "You Wish"!



It's done on a little block of wood that I painted, stamped, and collaged with a few bits of torn paper.  I then drew the dandelion with water-color crayons, and wet some areas to smear it and make it run a little.  It needed a bit more pizazz so I painted a little crocheted flower and nailed it on with a copper tack.  I wire-wrapped a few beads on copper wire to nail towards the bottom.



So that is where it stood when I hoped it was done.
  It wasn't done. 
 I painted three more crocheted flowers and nailed them to the top.



There.  That's what it needed. 
 Now it's done and I can get back to my unfinished projects for the fabulous Texture Town class I'm taking.
Can't wait to show you what else I've learned in the class so far, but that means I actually have to finish them first!  Hmm...an artist's work is never done...YAY!




12 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

Oh this is gorgeous, I love your work it is beautiful!!

Micki x

P.s. I'm glad I made you laugh today ;)

Two Dog Pond said...

I'm with Micki - your work is BEAUTIFUL! Love this piece...such a clever use of every little bit to make it all a masterpiece. You Rock.

Kristin said...

This is so FAB!!!! I love the small piece of wood - have been wanting to try that lately - and really love the muted colors and painted flowers - isn't it funny how we just "know" when something is done - or not?
Beautiful work as always, TG!
Thank you too for your visit - those lashes were done with a stamp and glitter - something I will do again, xoxo

Carin said...

Beautiful piece Esther! I love how you incorporate so many interesting things into your pieces.

Oh, and I love that little voice that tells us if something's off. I can't always work out what it's after, but I'm so glad I have it!

Manya Keseloff said...

I love this! It's so beautiful!

Nelly said...

This is really beautiful. I love the crocheted flower sand the wonderful blue/green.

Really gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Esther. You are AMAZING. This is super beautiful!

Kelly said...

Esther;
It's beautiful. I love the added touches of the crocheted flowers and copper nails! Beautiful work.
Thanks for sharing it.

Beverley Baird said...

What a gorgeous piece! Great message as well!

Hey Harriet said...

This is lovely! Quick! Go finish the others you speak of as I need to see more!

Julie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

vickie said...

Oh how i LOVE this!!! thanks for posting...i am going to try this over the weekend.