Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday : Dandelion Lights


A few weeks back, I was driving around Pasadena, when I suddenly HAD to pull over, park my car (illegally of course), grab my camera and run to take a few photos.  The sun was hitting this building beautifully, creating some very cool shadows inside, that I could see all the way from the street.  I'm always on the lookout for great shadows to post for Shadow Shot Sunday, so I couldn't pass this up.





I love the chandeliers, they remind me of dandelions, and they create such great shadows on the walls.  And I love how their flowery, messiness contrasts with the perfect grid of straight lines from the windows



This (below) is what I saw from the street that made me pull over...a building with a wall of windows, and the sunlight hitting it just right!



If you want to see more great shadows, or join in with our shadowy fun, go to Hey Harriet's for Shadow Shot Sunday.

Since the lights above reminded me of dandelions, I wanted to share a fun little piece of art that I just finished that happens to have a dandelion on it, but ....well....you're just going to have to wait a couple of days till I can get proper photos.  But here is a little detail of it to hold you over!  

I hope you're having a great weekend...see you soon...

12 comments:

Beverley Baird said...

Had to laugh when you said you just had to pull over! I do that all the time when I am driving, or just have my hubb follow the sunset like he did a couple of weeks ago!
Chasing shadows (and reflections and sunsets) has become an addiction!
Love the shadows you captured! Pure gold!

Kristin said...

Oh! I love the fact that you had the camera in the car - waiting for inspiration - AND your pictures are just so beautiful and elegant, xo

Hey Harriet said...

Those lights are amazing! I wish I had them hanging in my house! And I adore the snippet of your artwork that you've shared so far! I can't wait to see the whole piece! Hope you've had a lovely weekend :)

Micki Wilde said...

Beautiful photograph, I love those chandeliers!!

That sneaky peak of your painting has me wanting to see more!! I can't wait till you show all :)

Micki x

Mandy said...

stunning photos...woud ove to have the ciourage to do that!!!lol...xxx

Amelia said...

wow - love the shots, the light, the chandeliers and your art. Magic all the way!

Amelia.x

Shelby and Bev said...

oh girl...very cool shot! and your camera in your car allowed you to take it! the light is beautiful...
can't wait to see your new creation...!
love and hugs...

Anonymous said...

those are gorgeous chandeliers to begin with ... and then your illegal parking led you to take such great shadow shots! I don't think I looked at shadows the same before your shadow shot mission made me more aware of things like this...

now when I'm out walking...although I don't take my camera..I make a mental note of all the shadow patterns I see! thanks to you!

ciao bella!

creative carmelina

Karen Wallace said...

Great post. Hugs Karen

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Oh Esther! You have us howling....what a great eye you have to catch such fun shadows...while driving?!! They'll make shadow hunting illegal soon, we fear!! ha!
Love these lights...genius for sure - and we are so loving the looks of your new work o' art :)
Have a great middle of the week day!!
Karla & Karrie

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are amazinglingly (sp???) talented! Love those shots!

I have some glaze on order....*squeal* so excited to use it!

Manya Keseloff said...

Hey I remember this photo! Really cool, good eye!