Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thanks, and Please Help














Hi.  OK, first off, I would like to thank everyone for your amazing, heartfelt comments on my last post.  I am truly humbled by your responses to both the "Don't Lose Heart" post and the art piece.  I poured out my heart, and you poured yours right back.  wow.  There were many times when I would go to read another comment and I would get all teary eyed, and be so grateful and humbled, because I was just a vessel with a message to pass on.  I knew it was meant to be shared, so I'm very glad it reached so many people.  What a beautiful experience to be a part of something that was so needed.

Speaking of need, our Australian friend Mandy over at the blog Eight is Enough needs our help.   Her son is 9 years old and has acute life-threatening spasmodic croup.  It flares up on a regular basis, and his throat can start closing up quickly.  It's rare and they're trying to find out any information that they can to help ease their lives and make their boy better.  If you know anything about it, or know someone who has it, or just want to let her know you're praying for her,  PLEASE contact Mandy at her blog or email.  Her email is mamdaray@bigpond.com.  And please click here to go to her blog to find out more.  Or you can  email me and i'll pass it on   Emakesart@gmail.com   Oh, and you can also help by posting about and linking up to her post to help spread the word as far as we can, praying it'll land in the right hands.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the picture, my husband left it for me on the kitchen counter yesterday morning.  A delicious toast heart (covered with yummy goat cheese and apricot jam) which helped to brighten my morning and reminded me 1) how wonderful the "small" things can be, and 2) that I am loved.

5 comments:

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

I totally missed your 'Heart'painting and just wanted to let you know it is amazing. Not just a piece of art, but filled with emotions. Looking at your toast I can only say yes, you are loved, don't forget that ! I went over to Mandys blog and am counting my blessings right now. Must be so horrible what they are going through ... I'll pop over again and leave her a message too!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! My daughter gets croup a few times a year and has been taken to the ER for it many times. I hope they get the help they deserve!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Hi Esther!
I just found out about your blog through my friend Jen Swift of Art As Usual. Your art is absolutely FABULOUS and I am looking forward to catching up on your past posts and seeing more of your creative goodness.

Have a blessed day!

Mandy said...

thanks so much esther...i think i have found a famiy with something like jacob's...we hope that this ovely famiy can offer us a little light and hope.....i will keep you posted...oh...that toast looks yummo!!!xxx

Kristin said...

WHAT a wonderful post! It is so wonderful of you to do this - and the love you share comes back to you in folds - LOOK how wonderful your DH is - I'm so glad that you are as loved as you deserve to be. Thank you and happy Friday, Me xoxoxo