Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

RED...Better Late Than Never...?



Last week was red week for The Summer of Color, but I took an involuntary blog break. 
 A nasty bug got me, then my hubby, and now that things are just getting back to "normal",  I'm trying to get caught up.  I didn't get to finish my red piece of art, but I figured since it's  already late I'll just find some red photos to post.   
Any excuse to dig through my stash :-)

The dandelion photo was taken using my son's wagon as the backdrop.


This photo above was taken when we were on our honeymoon in Paris in 2000.  I love the French waiter (who kinda reminds me of Kramer from Sienfeld) in the right foreground.


This one above was taken recently in Pasadena.  I'm not sure why the tree was decorated, but I thought it was fun.  Love the red umbrellas in the background.


And of course I have to throw in a Hipstamatic app photo.

I know I could've just skipped red but I was so excited about it because it's such a great color.  Hope you don't mind.

So now I need to whip up something with purple for this week's Summer of Color.  I hope to make some time soon to get something together for that before the week is up.  
See you then.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh no...I have been sick too...I haven't had much fun the last 2 weeks...but I love wish wants...I once took some photos of a little ant carrying a seed like an umbrella...I was mesmerized....your photo reminded me of that moment...all your photos are beautiful...xxx

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

Sorry to read about the bugs ... Hope you're both feeling well by now! Just returned from a 3 weeks trip to the UK, and I had fun reading your blog again. First of all, I desperately need an iPhone!!! Love those Hipstamatic photos ;-) And second, your experimenting with plaster looks really cool, hope to see more of that!

Jenny said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better... love your photos especially the Hipstamatic one... how awesome is that...

Jenny x

Wildflowerhouse said...

Hope your feeling better. I love the simplicity of the dandelion on the wagon.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

I like your red photos, especially I like the first one with dandelion and the last one.
Thank you for visit my blog.

Regards and I wish you all the best

Daniele Valois said...

ok, that waiter is awesome. I totally was attracted to him immediately. What is he talking about I wonder! Really goofy and fun. ...Like the cloud/hipstamatic app too. and did I comment yet on your brown? I love it so much! LOVE!