Mixed Media Art. Photography. Inspiration.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Tree Tunnel Shadow Shots and a Painting Peek



Hi there!

Yesterday was a good day!!  I painted more!!  Yay!!  It feels SO good to finally be getting back into my studio regularly.   The house is a mess, but eh...who cares?!! (sorry honey).  And I may have finally finished a painting that's been eluding me for quite a while.  It just wouldn't tell me how it wanted to be finished, but yesterday I was determined to GET IT DONE!!  I got into that lovely flow and had the best time working on it.

More of that later, let's get to those cool shadows.
These were taken on the way up to a client's house in Crystal Cove (the one I painted the furniture for this summer shown here and here).  I love how the trees formed a beautiful, leafy tunnel to drive under.  Pretty, yes?

Check out more shadow shots or join in the fun by heading over to Hey Harriet's for Shadow Shot Sunday HERE.



Ok, back to the painting...I still need to take photos of the piece I finished (well, it still may need a few more finishing touches first), so you'll have to wait a few days, but to hold you over here's a lil peek.  I'm so darn excited about it, I can't wait to share it with you!

Until then...


8 comments:

Rossylalah said...

Awww, you make me want to get the old paints out again Esther! I love your shadow shot, what sort of trees are they? I love the layer of colors on your and of coursed the textures on your paintings.

Mandy said...

Oh esther...this is amazing...I love the glimpse OS the green and turquoise and the branch...magic...and wow...what a beautiful street!...lovely shadows!...xxx

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Why, yes, there are shadows on the roadway, but there are even shadows in your art. Lovely!

SHADOW PLAY

Shadows like horses, shadow likes chicks,
Shadows like houses built with red bricks;

Shadows much taller than a high wall—
No matter their shape, I love them all!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadowy Skeleton

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Love those tree tunnel pictures! There is something very magical about driving down a road like that...Can't wait to see more painting!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful shadow shots.
Beautiful painting, too.

Regards and best wishes

Anonymous said...

A beautiful drive!
And yes, who cares if the house is a bit messey. It's more fun to do things we love.

Kristin said...

Yeah! Can't wait! AND LOVE YOUR tunnel shot - so so bella! xoxo

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh my I painted for years!!!! You make me want to paint again - and these colors are may favorites - just beautiful. I am so glad you stopped by!